POPSU program * Metropolises "the metropolis and others"
centered on the theme of "Strasbourg, port metropolis: interfaces and territorial interactions".
* POPSU: Observation Platform for Urban Projects and Strategies
Sept 1, 2018 - August 31, 2021
100,000 € (2018-2020 for 3 years)
Ministry of the ecological and united transition,
Ministry of Territorial Cohesion and Relations with Local Authorities, Ministry of Culture,
PUCA (Plan Urbanisme Construction Architecture), the Eurometropolis of Strasbourg
AMUP (Architecture Morphology / Urban Morphogenesis and Project), Laboratory of geography MRTE (Mobilities Networks Territories Territories Environment), LIVE (Image Laboratory City Environment), APR (Association of Rhenish Perspective)
Frédéric ROSSANO, Scientific manager, ENSAS, AMUP
The POPSU Métropoles action research project aims to identify and document the role of city-port interfaces and interactions in the Strasbourg metropolitan process.
As the city rediscovers its river, its port network organized around different poles dedicated to distinct practices, can be considered as a plural and multiscalar set of ports. By the importance of its flows, the extent of its interland and the links it offers to the rest of the world, it plays a crucial role in the geographic organization of Strasbourg territories. With the redevelopment of the old brownfields in urban districts and today, caught in a vice between the river, the city and the Rhine forests, he learns to deal with original urbanities, places of experimentation of metropolitan changes.
The project aims to build an inter-actor platform to study how the gates of Strasbourg participate in its metropolitan structure.
It undertakes for this:
- to promote the "student project" as a knowledge and foresight tool (work carried out in a project workshop in associated schools of architecture)
- to understand the port area of Strasbourg to find its metabolism,
- to map and compare the Rhine river cities,
- to constitute a statistical and geo-transformative information system,
- to understand the representations, to initiate the dialogues and to collect the testimonies of the Strasbourg actors of the fluvial and port metropolis.
Find out more: