When it comes to the development of metropolitan areas (2nd research focus), the AMUP laboratory has established partnerships and active collaborations with the local authorities (Eurométropole, ADEUS, Ville de Strasbourg), national research centres, (Météo France) and has conducted action research in close cooperation with departmental partners (ANR, PUCA-MEDDE, BRAUP-MCC). The researchers have written two books intended for both the general public and local territorial development experts.
Research that integrate a more historical dimension, at the architectural and metropolitan scales (3rd research focus), have resulted in partnership relationships, especially with the field o culture : : collaboration with museums of modern art and architecture in Strasbourg and Frankfurt. Organization of exhibitions based on research on unpublished archival urban planning records, joint publications about the analysis of these documents, conferences etc. The cross-border dimension (France-Germany ; Italy-Germany ; Central and Eastern Europe) is very important in these partnerships with cultural centres (“cultural interferences”).
INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIONS WITH UNIVERSITIES
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT-Econ), Germany.
- HEPIA : Geneva University of applied sciences Western Switzerland, technology, architecture and landscape.
- IUAV - Venice University Institute for Architecture, Italy
- Tongji University, Shanghai, China
- South-East University, Nanjing, China
- Montréal University, Canada
- Laval University, Québec.
- Buenos Aires University, Argentina.
- ITMO University, St-Petersburg, Russia.
- Upper Rhine Universities laboratory : cooperation network supported by the Basel Eurodistrict and Basel IBA(International Architecture Exhibition), Switzerland.
- Los Andes University Department of Architecture , Bogotá, Colombia.
- BETA lab (Bureau for Economic Theory and Applications), Joint Research Unit - UMR 7522, CNRS/UdS : collaboration with J.-A. Héraud on the topic of knowledge-based economy, , joint bid for calls for research of the POPSU2 (urban projects and strategies observation platform) , IMR and H2020 (C. Mazzoni).
- LGeCO, Design engineering Laboratory, Insa Strasbourg : collaboration with N. Gartiser on institutional creativity assistance, joint bid for the call for research of the POPSU2 (C. Mazzoni and F. Rudolf).
- DynamE, European dynamics, Joint Research Unit - UMR 7367, CNRS/UdS : co-supervision of theses and collaboration on climate change programmes (F. Rudolf).
- CSE, European Cultures and Societies, Joint Research Unit - UMR 7236, CNRS/UdS : collaboration as part of work on climate (F. Rudolf).
- LIVE, Image, City, Environment Laboratory, Joint Research Unit - UMR 7362, CNRS/UdS : collaboration with Ch. Weber for a joint bid for the calls for research on “sustainable city”, and databases and collaborative tools sharing (E. Dufrasnes).
- ARCHE, European Art, Civilization and History, EA 3400, UdS : collaboration with A.-M. Châtelet as part of the METACULT Research and of the “history of architectural studies in France” network (M. Darin et D. Bocquet), and for the establishment of a mutual document library on the history of urban forms in Strasbourg.
- IPRAUS, Parisian Institute for Research : Urbanistic Architecture, Society, Joint Research Unit - UMR AUSser 3329, CNRS/MCC/Paris Est University: collaboration with N. Lancret and E. Thibault in the context of the doctoral seminars about China, promotion of the research carried out as part of the IMR/MCC Programme, joint thesis supervision and a common project presented to the CNRS (C. Mazzoni).
- ACS, Architecture, Cultures, Societies Laboratory, Joint Research Unit - UMR AUSser 3329, CNRS/MCC/Paris Est University : collaboration with J.-L. Violeau and J. Fol in the context of the creation of seminar cycles with Paris College of Philosophy. (C. Mazzoni and A. Pignol).
- CRESSON, Research Center on sound and urban environment, AAU Laboratory, Joint Research Unit - UMR 1563, CNRS/MCC/ECN : collaboration with Jean-Paul Thibaud in the context of the “Ambiances” network. (V. Lebois).
- MSH Paris Nord : collaboration in the context of the cycle of seminars Cities and sustainable development , 2011-2012 (F. Rudolf and S. Villette). Funding for the Research project From Strasbourg to Johannesburg : the art of memorizing in the city (B. Morovich, P. Guinard, P. Desgranchamp).
- LaSIE, Engineering for the environment Laboratory, Joint Research Unit - UMR 7356 CNRS/La Rochelle University : collaboration in the context of the ANR Research programmes (E. Dufrasnes).
- LAVUE, Architecture, City, Urbanism Laboratory – Joint Research Unit - UMR 7218, CNRS/MCC : collaboration in the context of a MSHPN call for projects (B. Morovich, P. Guinard, P. Desgranchamp).
- Pôle Fibres-Energivie
COLLABORATIONS WITH FRENCH NETWORKS
- RFIEA - French Network of the Institutes for Advances Studies – coordination and evaluation of research programmes (C. Mazzoni).
- POPSU - Urban projects and strategies Observation Platform (C. Mazzoni, F. Rudolf).
- French association of Anthropologists (B. Morovich).
- International association of french-speaking sociologists (F. Rudolf, President of the CR 23, environmental sociology).
- EAHN - European Architectural History Network – proposal, coordination and chairing of conferences (V. Ziegler).
PARTNERSHIPS WITH SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND CULTURAL ACTORS
- Südwestdeutsches Archiv für Architektur und Ingenieurbau (SAAI) Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Deutsches Architekturmuseum Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
- Center for Scientific and Technical Construction (CSTC Belgium).
- Izmir French Cultural Center, Turkey.
- Istanbul French Institute, Turkey
- Bratislava French Institute, Slovakia.
- Museum Drachten and Rietveld Akademie Amsterdam, Holland.
- Theo van Doesburg Association, Holland.