1st research focus
1st theme | Architectural design and engineering : atmospheres, innovative devices and sustainable city
Thinking and studying the architectural project as a process and as a method of investigation presupposes the need to think in depth about the architectural conception as a complex task that requires to master as many architectural project-related parameters as possible. These various parameters include artistic, philosophical, political and social aspects and extremely practical considerations (structure and material, standards and regulations). The complementarity, interaction and adequacy between those various parameters ensure now more than ever a successful architectural project. This first Research focus has been an opportunity to explore how places, stakeholders, uses, forms, materials, human relations, lights, topological, climatic and historical conditions etc. take part nowadays to the architectural conception and to the changes affecting the profession of architect. Understanding these confrontations is a key challenge for some researchers : the systematic survey of the limits and the way of a doctrine or a set of concepts in the design process is the privileged place of their expertise and research projects. Other social sciences researchers explore with architects and artists the design of innovative knowledge devices to meet unexplored, orphan or decried urban areas. As for the engineering sciences researchers, they explore in this research focus the energy resilience of buildings and neighborhoods and the innovation and transfer of technology and knowledge in the field of renewable energies. Their research aims at developing an architectural, constructive or technical modeling to reduce the energy consumption of buildings and to promote the energy transition towards renewable energies, especially solar and geothermal energy in the building sector. In synergy with the competences of the private and public parners, the team wants to speed up the process of researching and developing innovative and economically viable technological and/or organisational solutions.
Architectural design analysis from various parameters, complementarity of approaches, practices and perceptions of space (sound, visual and olfactory etc.). Integration of the theoretical artistic positioning along with new technologies for energy transition. Articulation between quantitative and qualitative analysis of space aiming at the “democratization” of skills. Conciliate inductive and theoretical-conceptual approaches and hypothetico-deductive approaches in the analysis of architectural design.
- MEIER Alexis : organization of the conference cycle Architectural design : theoretical and professional courses, between 2012 and 2015 at the INSA Strasbourg : five to six conferences organized per year around the following themes : Architecture and Science (2011-2012) ; Architecture : the issue of the image (2012-2013) ;architecture/experience/installation, new spatiality dialectics (2013-2014) ; learning from experience, a range of professional paths (2014-2015). Main guests of the last cycle : Akihisa Hirata, architect Lyon d’Or Biennale Venise 2014, Tokyo; Yves Abrioux, literature professor, Paris VIII University; Pablo-Lorenzo Eiroa, architect and theorist, professor associated to the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, New-York.
- RUDOLF Florence : design, organization of projects and et participation to events in the context of the Ateliers de la démocratie de la ville de Strasbourg, in collaboration with La Ville est un Théâtre. Between 2012 and 2016 in Strasbourg : participation to the organization of the theme days dedicated to otherness, participation to the exhibition Découvrir la ville que vous avez dessinée in the context of the closing of the Atelier de la ville de Strasbourg Silhouette urbaine: quelle ville désirons-nous?, design and organization of artistic and urban events on the Esplanade campus and its neighborhood, Du campus au quartier : la ville est là, j'entends sa rumeur, design and organization of an exhibition followed by a round table L’Esplanade et son campus : jouer avec la ville, participation to the round table Ville Artistes : Jeu et Enjeux ».
- MOROVICH Barbara : organization of the Observatoires des Urbanités et des Ciné-café, conferences, debates and film projections on urban planning, with many organizations including Vidéo- les-Beaux- Jours, JEEP, AMI, in the Hautepierre neighborhood in Strasbourg, 2013-2015.Organization of workshops in Buenos Aires linked to the faculty of architecture of the University on the memories and stakeholders of urban projects, 2014-2016.
- LEBOIS Valérie : animation and organization of seminars Ambiances of the AMUP laboratory De l’exploration sensible de l’espace à la démarche de projet, april 2014, april 2015, at the ENSAS. In order to support the Ambiances research focus in the international research scene, Valérie Lebois has proposed to include this AMUP research focus in the international network Ambiances. More specifically, the aim is to be part of the member teams of the network led by Jean-Paul Thibaud, researcher at the CRESSON, Grenoble and Daniel Siret, researcher at the CERMA, Nantes.
- REYNES Laurent, MAZZONI Cristiana and CONSTANTINIDIS Dimitri : co-organization of seminars and international symposiums on the theme La place des artistes dans la conception de la cité en devenir, with E-Cité Europe, ENSA Strasbourg and the Conseil de l’Europe, Strasbourg, 2012-2016.
- AMAT Amandine, La contribution des cultures territoriales dans la réception du changement climatique.
- BOUCHET-BLANCOU Géraldine, Densifier et rénover la ville patrimoniale par la surélévation en bois, under the supervision of Denis Bocquet.
- BECHIR Meriam, Les interfaces entre villes et ports en projet. Le cas de la transition énergétique du port autonome de Strasbourg, under the supervision of F. Rudolf and C. Mazzoni.
- YEHOUENOU Modeste, Potentialités en énergies renouvelables au Bénin, under the supervision of F. Rudolf and Michel Boko, professor at the Cotonou University
- SACHSE Victoria, L’agriculture urbaine terreau de participation citoyenne. Regards croisés entre la France et l’Italie, co-supervision B. Morovich and S. Glatron.
- BOUDEFFA Mehdi, Le paysage fluvial dans la région métropolitaine de Strasbourg. Figures, rites, formes et modes d’appropriations pour une démarche de développement durable, under the supervision of C. Mazzoni.
- MAZNICHENKO Iryna, Les énergies renouvelables liées à l’eau et leurs enjeux dans les projets d’habitat innovant. Définition et exportation du concept de “ bâtiment bleu’”, under the supervision of C. Mazzoni.